Saturday 20 September 2014

#1 Thing I love about living in Groningen - Vismarkt


Young people would normally seek Groningen as a student town for crazy nightlife, parties and coffee-shops or as a touristic destination for martini tower, museums and beautiful gardens. However, the best experience I had so far about living in Groningen is shopping in Vismarkt.


I would love to go to Vismarkt every Friday to buy all the fresh cheap vegetables and fruits as if I am still in the middle of the summer in a tropical country. And since I have started to love cooking more and more, I would rather go to the middle of the town with my bike for 5 minutes to grab the ingredients from Vismarkt instead of eating high-calories food in a fancy restaurant.

And if you are looking for a bit more meat then toasted chicken and deep fried fish are definitely  great choices. I have been trying so much food and cooking for international evenings so many times this month that I should reorganise my eating habit next week and doing sport more often instead of making excuse that I cycle every day.




Or if you wish to be a more healthy traveller!




 One of the brightest things about Netherlands is that it is rich in culture and is colourful literally. You can easily look for nice flowers with good deals easily in front of Vismarkt.




Groningen coffee bike



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet stories on my way eating around Europe